The Collaboration View allows users to view a full list of all collaboration items linked to the select work item(s).
When selecting a parent work item, the collaboration view screen will display a hierarchical list of all sub-work items and their linked collaboration items.
Collaboration View Dialog Window
Clicking on the "Collaboration View" icon will open up the above dialog window, where you can select exactly which collaboration items you would like to view.
The "Show Private Items" check box will allow you to view all items marked as private by you.
To hide this dialog box, and access this screen from within the Collaboration view screen itself, un-check the "Show me this Dialog Next Time" box. All settings chosen prior to hiding the dialog will remain as the defaults the next time the collaboration view is accessed.
Collaboration View Screen
The Collaboration View Screen displays all collaboration items linked to the work item(s) selected.
When viewing parent work items, you can see a full hierarchical list of all sub-work items and their attached collaboration items.
The Collaboration View Toolbar allows you to:
- "Expand All" expands all linked items to view the text within emails, notes and discussions
- "Collapse All" hides the content of the collaboration items
- "Expand Work Plan" will display all sub-work items of the parent
- The "Refresh" link will allow you to view any new collaboration items that were added while the view was open
- The "Settings" link opens the dialog window
- Click on the printer icon to print the Collaboration View
The Collaboration View initially displays the quantity of each type of collaboration item linked to each individual work item within the view.
Clicking on the '+' sign next to each item will expand the view to allow you to see the content within. Similarly, the '-' sign will collapse the view.
To add a new note to a work item from within the view, click on the note icon on the right hand side of the work item.
You can also modify or delete notes from within the view, by clicking on the edit icon or the 'x' icon.